Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
I have been making these recipes for so long I forget where I found it! I can tell you my customers like it. When you find that your bananas are turning, peel them and measure out 4 cups and freeze them in a freezer bag. Take them out of the freezer a day before you want to use them, place them in the refrig. and let them thaw.
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees (175 degrees C).
- Lightly grease 2 loaf pans 9"x5".
- In a large bowl, cream together margarine sugar and eggs.
- Stir in bananas and vanilla.
- Sift in flour, baking soda and cocoa; mix well.
- Blend in sour cream and chocolate chips and nut (optional).
- Pour into prepared pans.
- Bake in pre-heated oven for 1 hour or until a tookpick inserted into center comes out clean.
- Options: using them for gifts? It makes 5 7"x5" loaf pans, and bake for 55 minutes.
Delicious! At first I thought that it was way too wet to cook properly but it did get done - and it was wonderful! It's like a restaurant recipe, moist and heavy. I had a bit of a time getting it cut into pieces so next time I may try cooking it in muffin tins. Thanks for the great recipe!