Prep 40 mins
Cook 35 mins
Rich and fluffy cake. My father's absolute favorite dessert.
Make and share this Chocolate and Walnut/Pecan Cake recipe from Food.com.
- 1 cup self raising flour
- 1⁄4 cup cocoa powder
- 1 cup caster sugar
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- 1 large egg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 1⁄2 cup of chopped walnuts or 1⁄2 cup pecans
- Sieve flour, baking powder, cocoa together. Mix in the walnuts. Keep aside.
- Beat the butter with sugar till light and fluffy add in the eggs and vanilla and beat for 2 minutes.
- Add in the flour, walnuts and cocoa mixture slowly alternating with milk and mix very lightly but firmly.
- Pour into a greased 8 inch-dish and bake at about 190c for 35 minutes.
- Icing (optional) I sift with icing sugar.