Prep 30 mins
Cook 40 mins
This is such a scruptious dessert.... Shhhh...Don't tell Smoke Alarm Jr. but this is her birthday cake!
Layer 1 Cake or use your favorite mix
- 1⁄2 cup butter (softened)
- 1⁄2 cup shortening
- 2 eggs
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 1⁄4 cups flour
- 3⁄4 cup cocoa
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 cups water
Layer II Peanut Butter Filling
- 2 cups peanut butter chips
- 2⁄3 cup milk
- 3 cups mini marshmallows
- 2 cups whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
Layer III Pudding
- 2 (4 ounce) packages instant chocolate pudding mix
- 3 1⁄2 cups milk
Layer IV Cream
- 1 (8 ounce) container Cool Whip
- chocolate curls (optional)
- crushed peanut brittle (optional)
- Cake: Cream butter, shortening and sugar in a large bowl Add egg and vanilla and mix well Combine dry ingredients in a small bowl.
- Add alternately with water to creamed mixture.
- Bake in a greased 9x13 pan at 350 for 35 minutes or until done.
- Cool and break into small pieces.
- Peanut Butter Cream: Place peanut chips, milk and marshmallows in the top of a double boiler over hot water.
- Stir until melted.
- Cool to lukewarm Whip cream until stiff Fold in vanilla and peanut butter mixture.
- Mix pudding as per package directions.
- Thaw Cool Whip and stir well.
- Starting with chocolate cake add layers in a large clear bowl until ingredients are gone.
- End with the Cool Whip Layer and top with chocolate curls and crushed peanut brittle.
- Chill and serve.