1/2 Photos of Chocolate Almond Crescent Cookies
Diane in Nebraska's Note:
This is such an easy cookie that is not as sweet as alot of cookies. Use any brand ready pie crust or your own recipe. Cute shape of a rolled up crescent roll but with a great chocolate almond filling. Fun addition to your cookie platters.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (15 ounce) package any brand ready-made pie crusts (2 crusts) or 2 pie crusts, your favorite recipe for
- 1 cup ground almonds
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 egg white
- 1/3 cup chocolate chips
- 1Heat oven to 350º.
- 2In a small bowl, combine ground almonds, powdered sugar, and almond extract.
- 3Stir in egg white.
- 4Melt chocolate in a small dish and stir into almond mixture, mixing in well.
- 5Allow crust to come to room temperature (or if you can't wait to get started, heat for about 20 seconds on defrost in your microwave).
- 6Unfold/ unroll both pie crusts as directed on package (if you are making your own pie crusts, form both of them in a round circle measuring 11" across).
- 7Place one pie crust on top of the other (this is just to simplifiy the amount of cutting you will do, you can do it one layer at a time if you like) and place on cutting board.
- 8Cut crusts in half, in half again making 4 sections, in half again, making 8 wedges, and then each of the eight wedges, cut in thirds, creating 24 wedges.
- 9Place about 1/2 teaspoon of almond filling at the wide end of each wedge.
- 10If you chose to stack the crusts, roll the top layer first, roll up starting with widest end of wedge, rolling to opposite point.
- 11Place point side down on ungreased cookie sheet.
- 12Repeat with second layer.
- 13These cookies can be placed quite close to each other as the will shrink just a little while baking.
- 14I usually have 24 cookies on one cookie sheet.
- 15Bake in preheated oven for 10 minutes or until very light golden brown.
- 16Remove from cookie sheet to a wire cooling rack that has waxed paper underneath.
- 17Cool completely.
- 18In a small bowl, make glaze by mixing powdered sugar, almond extract and stirring in milk gradually to reach desired glazing consistency (I like mine a little thicker).
- 19Drizzle glaze over cooled cookies.
Browse Our Top Hand-Formed Cookies Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Hand-Formed Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chocolate Almond Crescent Cookies
Serving Size: 1 (721 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 65.8
- Calories from Fat 35
- Total Fat 3.9 g
- Saturated Fat 0.6 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 52.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 7.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.3 g
- Sugars 2.5 g
- Protein 0.9 g