Kifli (Crescent Cookies)
- Ready In:
- Blend flour and butter thoroughly using a pastry blender if desired.
- Add egg yolks and yeast cake which has been dissolved in cream.
- Add sugar and vanilla.
- Chill dough if it is too soft to roll out easily.
- Divide into 2 parts and roll each into a 12-inch circle or larger. Cut into 16 or more pie-shaped pieces.
- Place a small amount of nut filling or jam on each wedge and beginning at the rounded edge, roll up.
- Place on greased baking sheet, point underneath. Let stand for 20 minutes.
- Brush top of crescents with beaten egg.
- Bake at 350°F for 15 to 18 minutes or until light brown on bottom.
- Mix all ingredients listed for filling together, mixing well.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!