Recipe by KateL
Entered for safe-keeping. From First 3/09/09.
Top Review by gailanng
My 14 yo daughter just finished making these wonderful treats. I can attest that these are as delicious as those made right in the heart of the Tuscan region of Italy. They have a robust chocolately crumb tempered with a creamy white chocolate drizzle that's as an angelic taste as anyone can imagine. Five stars all the way! Made for 123 Hit Wonders.
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 6 tablespoons margarine
- 3⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup slivered almonds, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 ounce white chocolate, melted (1 square)
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a bowl, combine first 3 ingredients.
- In bowl of electric mixer, on high speed, beat margarine and sugar 2 minutes, or until fluffy.
- Beat in eggs and vanilla extract.
- Reduce speed to low; beat in flour mixture 30 seconds or until combined.
- Add almonds and mini semi-sweet chocolate morsels.
- Shape dough into 9-inch by 5-inch loaf; place on foil-lined baking sheet.
- Bake for 18 minutes, or until top springs back.
- Cool 15 minutes.
- Reduce oven temperature to 300 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Cut loaf into 1/2-inch slices; arrange cut side down on baking sheet.
- Bake 15 minutes; turn off oven.
- Turn biscotti over; let sit in oven 15 minutes.
- Drizzle melted white chocolate over biscotti.