Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
I just created this recipe out of some ingredients I had on hand. They turned out really good...nice and soft (almost cakelike), and actually not all that bad for you because of the absence of butter or oil. My husband, 2 friends, and I ate almost the whole batch in one evening.
- 1 (17 1/2 ounce) bagbetty crocker chocolate chip cookie mix (1lb. 1.5oz. bag)
- 1⁄2 cup dried cranberries
- 1 1⁄2 cups crushed Life Chocolate Oat Crunch cereal (just the cereal part, all of the chocolate oat clusters had been eaten out of our box!)
- 1⁄2 cup light cream cheese (tub-style)
- 1⁄4-1⁄3 cup applesauce (eyeball it)
- 1⁄4 cup egg substitute
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla
- Preheat oven to 375.
- In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese, egg substitute, applesauce, and vanilla until creamy.
- Add in cookie mix, cereal, and dried cranberries.
- Drop by 2 Tbs onto lightly greased cookie sheets.
- Cookies will not flatten during baking, so form them how you like before baking.
- Bake 8-10 minutes or until just lightly browning on top and centers are set.