Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
It got hot for the first time today and got me thinking about lighter foods. This is from Sunrise Farms.
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 1⁄2 cup chopped chives
- 1 teaspoon French mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 1⁄2 cup chopped alfalfa sprout
- Cream the cheese together with mustard, salt, and pepper. Add chives and sprouts.
- Chill, shape into long log and slice into rounds.
- This is good as a sandwich filling, on crackers, in pita bread with other vegetables, on celery, as a dip, in salads, etc. Enjoy!
The chives in my garden were going crazy, so I'm glad I found this recipe. The flavor of chives really shines is this spread. I served this with crackers. Very enjoyable and elegant for company.
I used dijon mustard in this--that's French, isn't it? Had it for breakfast on a bagel. I had a half-block of cream cheese to use up, so just made half a recipe, but still have some left for tomorrow--yippee! It's savory with just a bit of sharpness and the sprouts add a nice crunch.
I made this for an appy for dinner guests and it was a huge hit! I used fresh chives from my garden, and added a little garlic, served it with pita crisps. Thanks for posting!