Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
I found a tasty chipotle dip at my local store but they discontinued it. This recipe is very close to what I used to buy and I actually like it more. Very spicy if prepared according to the recipe so beware.
- 7 ounces chipotle chiles in adobo
- 16 ounces sour cream
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 lime, juice of
- salt (start with one good pinch)
- Place chipoptles and adobo sauce from can in a food processor. Pulse peppers until there are no large chunks. (For less spicy dip scrape seed from peppers first and or use a smaller can of chipotles).
- Mix peppers, sour cream, cumin, lime and salt well. Refrigerate several hours or overnight. Stir before serving with tortilla chips.
I used fat free sour cream and the recipe tasted great. I like very spicy but others may should heed the author's warning