Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
This delicious sauce is similar to the sauce made at Jalapeno's Restaurant in Houston. Serve with grilled seafood, or seafood tacos. It can also be served as a dip.
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- 1 cup mayonnaise (do not use dressing like Miracle Whip)
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 lime, zest and juice
- 1 chipotle chile, chopped,with 1 tsp sauce from can of chipotles in adobo sauce
- 1⁄4 cup guajillo chilies, chopped
- Mix all ingredients in blender until smooth.
- Serve with grilled seafood or make seafood taco with grilled seafood, chopped lettuce, cilantro and some of the Chipotle sauce.
Perfect topping for our fish tacos! Heat is spot on. I used 1 dried chili pepper. I freeze my chipotle peppers individually with some adobe sauce in plastic wrap lined dixie cups-it works great. Besides using this for tacos and dip for tortilla chips...I think you could marinate chicken breasts and possibly some sort of a salad that calls for mayonnaise. Thank you PanNan for a wonderful lunch. Made for Photo Swap #8.
Excellent sauce. I used it as a dip for grilled shrimp. Not too hot but a good spicy flavor. Thanks PanNan.
So Sweet and Spicy!I used it on grilled tuna. This would be great on a taco salad!