Recipe by Iron Woman
I love Chipotle Mexican restaurant but it can get expensive to eat there. I found this recipe on recipegoldmine.com courtesy of Steve Ells, CEO of Chipotle Mexican Grill. Enjoy!
Top Review by Cook4_6
This was a delicious, quick and easy meal! I marinaded the chicken for around six hours, grilled and sliced the chicken. I served them burrito style with cilantro, shredded mexican cheese, fresh salsa, sour cream and Recipe #213549 (Rice and Beans).
- 1 (2 ounce) package dried ancho chiles
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 teaspoons cumin powder
- 2 tablespoons fresh oregano, chopped
- 6 garlic cloves
- 1⁄2 red onion, quartered
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 4 chicken breasts or 4 meat, of choice
Directions See How It's Made
- Soak dry chiles in water overnight or until soft. Remove seeds. Add all ingredients except chicken in food processor. Puree until smooth.
- Spread mixture over chicken breasts and refrigerate at least one hour, up to 24 hours.
- Heat grill to about 400 degrees F, or if cooking inside, heat small amount of oil in skillet or grill pan over high heat. Salt chicken breasts to taste. Grill chicken breasts about4 minutes per side, depending upon thickness, until done.
- Serve with rice, black beans, or choice of side dish. Garnish with fresh cilantro.