Ancho Chile Marinade for Meat Ala Chipotle
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
This is a recipe from a great "gourmet" taco joint called Chipotle. They have 2 things, Tacos and Burritos. This place it totally crave-worthy! If you ever get a chance, try their Carnitas soft tacos. So good!
- Ready In:
- 1hr 8mins
- 2 ounces dried ancho chiles
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 teaspoons cumin powder
- 2 tablespoons fresh oregano, chopped
- 6 garlic cloves
- 1⁄2 red onion, quartered
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 4 chicken breasts or 4 meat, of choice
- Soak dried chilis overnight in water until soft.
- Remove seeds.
- Add all ingredients, except chicken to a food processor, puree until smooth.
- Spread mixture evenly over chicken and refrigerate at least 1 hour, but up to 24 hours.
- Heat grill to 400°F.
- Salt chicken breasts to taste.
- Grill for about 4 minutes per side, until done.
- Garnish with fresh cilantro.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
I have not reviewed this with stars yet, as I have only just made the marinade last night and today - ready to use on grilled chicken breasts tomorrow or the weeekend! Thus far, the marinade smells and tastes totally divine and smoky - I LOVE the additon of the oregano, which I used from my garden! I am sure this will be a 4 or 5 star recipe - but will award the stars when I have grilled the meat! I was lucky enough to recieve some dried ancho chilies in a recent swap, and I have been wondering what to make with them, so, thanks Sassy Erin for posting this lovely recipe - made for ZWT3 - FT:-) Added: 02/07/07. I used this on chicken breasts this lunch time - and it was JUST gorgeous! SO tangy and tasty - a real winner! Thanks Erin!Reply
Excellent chicken! We loved the marinade that we will be using with other meats. However I used chicken breasts with bone and skin so cooked it quite a bit longer. We had this chicken with Asparagas for the Grill recipe#39464 and Watermelon Salad recipe#64514 for a delicioius summer supper. Thanks for posting this keeper recipe -- now our favorite recipe for barbequed chicken.Reply