Ancho Chile Marinade
- Ready In:
- 1 (2 ounce) package dried ancho chiles (or dried pepper of choice)
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 teaspoons cumin powder
- 2 tablespoons fresh oregano, chopped
- 6 garlic cloves
- 1⁄2 red onion, quartered
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 2 lbs skirt steaks
- Soak dry chiles in water overnight or until soft. Remove seeds. Add all ingredients except meat in food processor. Puree until smooth.
- Spread mixture over meat and refrigerate at least one hour, up to 24 hours.
- Heat grill to about 400 degrees, or if cooking inside heat small amount of oil in skillet or grill pan over high heat. Salt meat to taste. Grill meat about 4 minutes per side, depending upon thickness, until done.
Join The Conversation