Prep 1 hr 40 mins
Cook 0 mins
Definitely on a soup kick. LOVE this soup! Would make a great lunch or light dinner with a big slab of cornbread!
- 3⁄4 lb beef stew meat, cubed
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- cooking spray
- 14 ounces beef broth
- 1 tablespoon chipotle chile in adobo, minced (or to taste)
- 14 1⁄2 ounces tomatoes, 1 can undrained
- 1 bell pepper
- 32 ounces pinto beans, rinsed and drained
- cilantro (garnish)
- Toss beef in combined chili powder and cumin. Coat large saucepan with cooking spray; heat over medium heat.
- Add beef, cook 5 minutes stirring occasionally.
- Add beef broth and chipotle chilies with sauce, bring to a boil. Reduce heat, cover and simmer for 1 hour 15 minutes or until beef is very tender.
- With slotted spoon, transfer beef to cutting board, leaving juices in pan. Using two forks, shred beef. Return beef to pan and add tomatoes and bell pepper. Bring to boil, stir in beans.
- Simmer uncovered for 20 minutes or until pepper is tender.
- Garnish with cilantro if that's your thing.