Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
Spicy chicken soup with chipotle peppers, carrots & corn.
Make and share this Chipotle Chicken Soup recipe from Food.com.
- 1 lb chicken tenders, cut into pieces
- 1 medium yellow onion, diced
- 3 large carrots, diced
- 1 cup corn (fresh or frozen)
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 chipotle peppers, diced (seeds removed)
- 2 tablespoons adobo sauce, from the can chipotle peppers
- 1 tablespoon smoked paprika
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 1⁄4 cup heavy cream
- 1⁄4 cup cilantro
- salt & pepper
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- In a large stock pot, saute chicken pieces(seasoned with salt & pepper) in olive oil until just browned. Remove from pot and set aside.
- Season onion, carrots & garlic with salt & pepper and saute in butter until softened. Return chicken pieces, add spices, chipotle chiles & adobo and cook for 2 minutes. Add chicken stock and bring to boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 20 minutes Add corn and cook until just heated through. Remove from heat and stir in cream and cilantro.
A very easy recipe that delivers wonderful warmth and depth of flavour.
We really enjoyed this dish, and will make this again!
Made for My 3 Chefs-Jun 2012.