Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is delicious and very easy! The tortilla bowls are very simple and can be used for many other recipes. We serve chili in them and use them for dips. This dish makes a very impressive presentation.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1/2-inch pieces (about 1 1/2 to 2 pounds)
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 1⁄2-3 cups bell peppers, strips (mixed red, yellow and green)
- 1 (15 1/2 ounce) can chili beans with chipotle pepper, undrained
- 1 cup prepared thick and chunky chipotle salsa (see note)
- 1⁄2 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 small avocado, peeled, pitted and sliced
- 1⁄3 cup sour cream
- 4 tortillas, bowls
- Note: If salsa with chipotle is unavailable, add 1-teaspoon chipotle sauce or 1-teaspoon adobo sauce from canned chipotle pepper in adobo sauce.
- Place oil in large skillet over medium heat. Add chicken pieces and cook until opaque. Add onion, garlic and peppers. Stir-fry until chicken is done and peppers are crisp and tender, about 10 minutes.
- Stir in chili beans and salsa. Cover and simmer until heated through. Taste and, if necessary, season with salt and pepper.
- Add cilantro to chicken mixture and spoon into tortilla bowls, dividing evenly. Top with avocados and sour cream. Serve immediately.
- TORTILLA BOWLS: Gently press tortillas into 4 individual microwave-safe (2-cup) soup bowls. being careful not to tear them.
- Microwave, 2 bowls at a time, on HIGH 3 to 4 minutes or until tortillas are slightly crisp, rotating and rearranging cups halfway. Let cool and carefully remove from bowls.