1/1 Photo of Chipotle Chicken and Tomato Soup
Vino Girl's Note:
From Cooking Light November 2006
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 (15 1/2 ounce) can navy beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can no-salt-added stewed tomatoes
- 1 (14 ounce) can reduced-sodium fat-free chicken broth
- 1 canned chipotle chile in adobo, finely chopped
- 2 cups chopped cooked chicken breasts (about 1/2 pound)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1Combine first 5 ingredients in a large saucepan; bring to a boil.
- 2Cover, reduce heat, and simmer 10 minutes.
- 3Partially mash tomatoes and beans with a potato masher.
- 4Stir in chicken; cook 2 minutes or until thoroughly heated.
- 5Remove from heat; stir in oil.
- 6Place 1 1/4 cups soup in each of four bowls. Top each serving with 2 tablespoons sour cream and 1 tablespoon cilantro.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chipotle Chicken and Tomato Soup
Serving Size: 1 (214 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 363.6
- Calories from Fat 118
- Total Fat 13.2 g
- Saturated Fat 4.3 g
- Cholesterol 70.6 mg
- Sodium 323.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 30.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 11.5 g
- Sugars 0.4 g
- Protein 30.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
no-salt-added stewed tomatoes
reduced-sodium fat-free chicken broth
chipotle chiles in adobo