From Cooking Light November 2006
Make and share this Chipotle Chicken and Tomato Soup recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 (15 1/2 ounce) can navy beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can no-salt-added stewed tomatoes
- 1 (14 ounce) can reduced-sodium fat-free chicken broth
- 1 canned chipotle chile in adobo, finely chopped
- 2 cups chopped cooked chicken breasts (about 1/2 pound)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- Combine first 5 ingredients in a large saucepan; bring to a boil.
- Cover, reduce heat, and simmer 10 minutes.
- Partially mash tomatoes and beans with a potato masher.
- Stir in chicken; cook 2 minutes or until thoroughly heated.
- Remove from heat; stir in oil.
- Place 1 1/4 cups soup in each of four bowls. Top each serving with 2 tablespoons sour cream and 1 tablespoon cilantro.