Prep 30 mins
Cook 15 mins
Asian and Latin ingredients fuse to bring you a tasty quick dinner delight.
- 1 lb round steak, cut in strips for stir fry
- 1⁄2 cup hoisin sauce
- 3 teaspoons minced ginger
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice or 3 tablespoons goya bitter orange marinade or 3 tablespoons white vinegar
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce or 2 tablespoons Braggs liquid aminos
- 2 teaspoons sesame seeds
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon adobo seasoning or 1⁄2 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 1 large onion
- 1 medium green bell pepper
- 1⁄2 medium red bell pepper
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 4 tablespoons olives or 4 tablespoons vegetable oil
- Combine hoisin, ginger, garlic, bitter orange, soy sauce, sesame seeds, ground oregano and adobo in medium bowl and pour over beef.
- Make sure beef is completely covered with marinade and marinate in a covered bowl for a minimum of 30 minutes.
- Cut green and red bell peppers in thin strips, and put aside. Peel and chop onion into thin wheels.
- Heat a large pan on medium low heat. Pour in 2 tbsp of oil, add vegetables and stir.
- Pour 1 tbsp of vinegar over the vegetables. Mix well and saute until tender. Remove from pan and set aside.
- Use remaining 2 tbsp of oil back in pan or wok. Increase heat to medium high and add marinated beef.
- Pour 4-5 cups of water to the liquid where the meat was marinating. Increase heat to high. Whenever the liquid in the pan dries, add 1 or 2 cooking spoonfuls of the marinating liquid. This prevent the meat from burning.
- Continue to stir fry beef until fully cooked and pour onions & peppers mixture over beef, cook for 1 minute.
- Serve with white jasmine rice and stewed beans.