1/3 Photos of Chinese Sugar Snap Pea Salad
katie in the UP's Note:
I wish I could remember where this salad originated from!! I've been making it for several years. Hubby and I are fans of salads that aren't made with mayo.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh ginger
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon oyster sauce
- salt, to taste
- 1 lb sugar snap pea, trimmed
- 1/2 cup carrot, i usually shred them (match sticks)
- 1/2 cup drained sliced water chestnuts
- 1/2 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1/2 cup julienne cut red bell pepper
- 2 teaspoons sesame seeds, toasted
- 1To prepare dressing, heat oil in a small sauce pan over med heat, add ginger; saute 2 minutes. Add garlic and red pepper, cook 1 minute more. Stir in oyster sauce, soy sauce, sugar and salt bring to a simmer. Remove from heat, cool.
- 2To prepare the salad, cook peas in boiling water 30 seconds.** Drain and rinse in cold water. combine peas and remaining ingredients except sesame seeds. Drizzle dressing over salad, toss well. Sprinkle with sesame seeds.
- 3**I've also cooked them in a 'made for the microwave' pot.
- 4They steam better!
Browse Our Top Asian Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Asian Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chinese Sugar Snap Pea Salad
Serving Size: 1 (129 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 75.3
- Calories from Fat 20
- Total Fat 2.3 g
- Saturated Fat 0.3 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 259.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 12.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.5 g
- Sugars 4.8 g
- Protein 2.5 g