- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh ginger
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh garlic
- 1⁄4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon oyster sauce
- salt, to taste
- 1 lb sugar snap pea, trimmed
- 1⁄2 cup carrot, i usually shred them (match sticks)
- 1⁄2 cup drained sliced water chestnuts
- 1⁄2 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1⁄2 cup julienne cut red bell pepper
- 2 teaspoons sesame seeds, toasted
Directions See How It's Made
- To prepare dressing, heat oil in a small sauce pan over med heat, add ginger; saute 2 minutes. Add garlic and red pepper, cook 1 minute more. Stir in oyster sauce, soy sauce, sugar and salt bring to a simmer. Remove from heat, cool.
- To prepare the salad, cook peas in boiling water 30 seconds.** Drain and rinse in cold water. combine peas and remaining ingredients except sesame seeds. Drizzle dressing over salad, toss well. Sprinkle with sesame seeds.
- **I've also cooked them in a 'made for the microwave' pot.
- They steam better!