1/5 Photos of Chinese Style Kale
Since starting on my healthy eating journey, I have discovered that I really like kale. I would never have even entertained trying it before but it has become a regular on my plate. However, I am always looking for new ways of eating it rather than steaming it. I found this recipe in the February 2008 copy of BBC Good Food Magazine and it looks like a good alternative to my usual preparation.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Heat the oil in a large wok or frying pan.
- 2Tip in the garlic and cook for a few seconds.
- 3Throw in the kale and toss around the pan to coat in the garlicky oil.
- 4Pour over boiling water and cook for 7 minutes more until the kale has wilted and is cooked through.
- 5Stir in the soy and oyster sauces and heat through to serve.
Browse Our Top Greens Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Greens Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chinese Style Kale
Serving Size: 1 (114 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 122.7
- Calories from Fat 67
- Total Fat 7.5 g
- Saturated Fat 0.9 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 792.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 12.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.1 g
- Sugars 0.1 g
- Protein 4.4 g