Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
Since starting on my healthy eating journey, I have discovered that I really like kale. I would never have even entertained trying it before but it has become a regular on my plate. However, I am always looking for new ways of eating it rather than steaming it. I found this recipe in the February 2008 copy of BBC Good Food Magazine and it looks like a good alternative to my usual preparation.
- Heat the oil in a large wok or frying pan.
- Tip in the garlic and cook for a few seconds.
- Throw in the kale and toss around the pan to coat in the garlicky oil.
- Pour over boiling water and cook for 7 minutes more until the kale has wilted and is cooked through.
- Stir in the soy and oyster sauces and heat through to serve.
We enjoyed this easy recipe. With our low salt diet I forgot to add the sugar so it was quite salty for us but tasty none the less! thanks
This would be a nice way to make any kind of greens, I would imagine. I had some beautiful fresh kale right off the farm, and was looking for a new way to prepare it. This was very nice, and helped to make the bitterness of the kale more palatable. Thanks for sharing this. Made by a RedHot Renegade for ZWT6.
I used olive oil and a little less than called for, and really enjoyed this with the Chinese sauces. Nice change for us and DH loved it too!