Prep 20 mins
Cook 2 hrs
Haven't tried this recipe yet but I think it is one my family would love.
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon red pepper sauce
- 1 (3 -3 1/2 lb) cut up broiler-fryer chickens
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped gingerroot
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 3 green onions, sliced (with tops)
- 1 1⁄2 cups sliced mushrooms (4 ounces)
- 3 medium bell peppers, cut into 1-inch strips
- Mix soy sauce, vinegar, sugar, sesame oil and pepper sauce in sealable heavy duty plastic bag.
- Add chicken; seal bag and turn to coat with marinade.
- Refrigerate at least 1 hour but no longer than 24 hours, turning bag occasionally. Remove chicken from marinade; reserve marinade.
- Heat vegetable oil in 12-inch skillet or Dutch oven over medium heat until hot. Cook chicken in oil about 15 minutes, turning occasionally, until brown on all sides. Cover and cook on low heat about 20 minutes longer or juice is no longer pink when centers of thickest pieces are cut.
- Remove chicken from skillet, using tongs; keep warm.
- Drain all but 1 teaspoon drippings from skillet.
- Heat 1 teaspoon drippings and the marinade in skillet over medium high heat.
- Stir in gingerroot, garlic and onions. Cook and stir about 30 seconds or until garlic is light golden brown. Stir in mushrooms and bell peppers.
- Cook about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally, until bell peppers are crisp-tender.
- Serve with chicken.