Prep 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
This is our very favorite meatloaf.
- 1⁄2 lb lean ground beef
- 1⁄2 lb ground lean pork
- 1⁄2 cup toasted wheat germ
- 1 cup hoisin sauce (divided)
- 1⁄2 cup ketchup
- 1⁄3 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄2 can diced water chestnut, drained
- 2 tablespoons chopped celery
- 1⁄2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried basil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- Preheat oven to 350degrees F.
- In medium bowl, combine beef, pork, wheat germ, 1/2 cup hoisin sauce, onions, water chestnuts, celery,pepper flakes, basil,garlic, egg, and salt.
- Mix thoroughly,but lightly.
- Shape into loaf and place in greased loaf or meat loaf pan.
- Bake 40 minutes or until center is no longer pink (160F).
- Combine ketchup and remaining half cup of hoisin sauce; Spoon over top the last 5 minutes of baking.