Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
A spicy Chinese condiment that can also be used in cooking to add heat to spicy dishes.
- 4 teaspoons dried chili flakes (, the same kind you put on pizza)
- 5 tablespoons vegetable oil
- Heat the oil in a sauce pan until it's just hot enough so that the chile flakes sizzle like crazy when you add them- but not so hot that they burn.
- Turn off the heat.
- Stir the flakes into the oil.
- Let cool.
- You can strain the oil or leave the flakes in it.
i make this too - and keep it on hand to add to anything that needs spicing up. thanks for the inspiration tgobbi.