Hot Spicey Tomato Oil for Dipping
photo by Kimberly R.
- Ready In:
- 1 cup olive oil
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can san marzano tomatoes
- 4 garlic cloves, peeled and thinly sliced
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1⁄2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1⁄3 teaspoon chili flakes
- 1 loaf crusty French bread
- heat oil over medium heat.
- add garlic and cook until golden brown.3-5 mins.
- remove garlic and reserve.
- add tomatoes, honey, salt and chilli flakes.
- cook on medium 20 mins.
- blend sauce until smooth.
- add reserved garlic and blend until smooth.
- serve with french or italian bread, toasted ravioli, fried zucchini or use your imagination. Mangia.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I learned to cook at an early age, watching my mother and father.The first meal I cooked, at age 4, was bacon IN eggs, seeing that the griddle was warped to the center. My mother awoke to the smell, and came running, proudly proclaiming,"well my young man, you have been watching". Ever since then I've been consumed with dishes of my youth. Southern dishes, Italian favorites, Mostly the pursuit of my mom's corned beef and cabbage. Being Irish I've looked high and low. Last year I received the best cooking compliment EVER. I had made my "Kitchen Sink Gumbo" for a party of 100 at a friends house. I had a gentleman come up to me and say, "Sir I have worked in three different restaurants in New Orleans, and that is THE BEST Gumbo I have ever eaten!" That's why I keep on searching, to get better and learn.