Prep 10 hrs
Cook 0 mins
Fantastic appetizer or party food. Yet another recipe from my AWW Chinese cookbook. (Can you tell I like this cookbook a lot?) Best chicken wings ever. Recipe was named Chicken Sticks but you can use either drumettes or wings in this. (I use wings - cheaper!) (Marinating time included in prep time).
- Wash and dry the wings, cut in half at the joint if using regular wings.
- Combine the soy sauce, garlic, ginger, salt, pepper, sugar, honey and sherry. Pour over the chicken In a large bowl or Ziploc bag. Mix thoroughly, and refrigerate overnight. Make sure the marinade is completely covering the chicken, so you don't have to get up and stir it, heh heh.
- Brush a baking pan with oil (you can aluminum foil it first if you want). Spread out the chicken evenly in the pan. Pour some marinade over the chicken.
- Bake in a moderate oven 35 to 40 min or until cooked. Baste frequently with marinade and pan juices. Broil briefly after cooking if you would like them brown and crispy instead of saucy and sticky, your choice.
- Remove from oven, quickly brush any remaining marinade over the chicken wings ( I think I would cook it first, I don't think the raw chicken thing was a big deal in 1990). Serve on a plate with lots of napkins!