Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
I printed this recipe off of a website in 1996 and then filed it away. I haven't tried it yet; posted for safe keeping so I can clean out my paper recipe files :)
- 1⁄4 cup peanut oil
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 1 garlic clove, peeled
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 3 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1⁄4 cup peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons tahini (sesame paste)
- salt, to taste
- fresh ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 teaspoon chili paste (optional)
- 2 cups poached chicken breasts, chopped into bite sized pieces
- 2 cups cooked elbow macaroni
- 1 (10 ounce) packagefrozen tiny peas, thawed
- 2 scallions or 2 green onions, green part only, thinly sliced
- chopped cilantro (optional)
- In a food processor or blender, combine and puree the peanut oil, sesame oil, garlic, sugar, rice vinegar, soy sauce, peanut butter and tahini. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Optional, stir in chili paste.
- Right before serving, toss the chicken, macaroni and peas with the sauce and garnish with scallions and cilantro.
This was utterly delicious! Easy to put together and very flavourful. Thanks for sharing!
Made for Healthy Choices ABC.