Mother gave me this recipe 40 years ago, and we still love it. The oil and vinegar, mixed with the Ramen noodle flavor packet, make a light dressing for this luscious salad which keeps well. Great for buffets and covered-dish suppers!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 453.59 g package coleslaw mix (cabbage & carrots) or 1 large savoy cabbage, thinly grated
- 6 spring onions, thinly sliced (including tops)
- 113.39 g sliced almonds, toasted
- 59.14 ml craisins (optional)
- 2.46 ml celery seed (optional)
- 1Although this is delicious without the optional ingredients, I usually add them anyway.
- 2I usually toast my almonds by using the light setting on the toaster oven.
- 4In large bowl, add slaw mix, green onions, almonds, Craisins, and celery seed. Prepare Dressing and pour over slaw, mixing well. Refrigerate.
- 6Before opening Ramen noodle bag, lightly pound the bag to break apart most of the noodles.
- 7In small bowl, add Ramen noodles (including the flavor packet), vinegar, Splenda/sugar, salt, pepper, celery seeds, and bouillon Stir to mix well. Add canola and sesame oil and stir well.
- 8Note: You can use a regular head of cabbage in place of Savoy, if you like.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chinese Chicken Flavored Ramen Noodles Cole Slaw
Serving Size: 1 (75 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 195.4
- Calories from Fat 129
- Total Fat 14.3 g
- Saturated Fat 1.7 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 281.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 13.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.2 g
- Sugars 3.0 g
- Protein 5.0 g