1/1 Photo of Chinese "brown Sauce" Chicken
I love this recipe and could eat it at least once a week! I think it tastes very close to the brown sauce that is served in Chinese restaurants. I have made it with and without the veggies with great success.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Lightly brown chicken breasts in a small amount of oil.
- 2Remove from pan and add garlic, soy sauce, brown sugar and 1 cup chicken broth.
- 3Stir to mix and return chicken to pan and cover.
- 4Simmer for a few minutes until the chicken is done (15-20 minutes).
- 5Remove chicken again and add remaining broth, which has been mixed with cornstarch.
- 6Bring to a boil to thicken and return chicken to the pan, coating it well.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chinese "brown Sauce" Chicken
Serving Size: 1 (269 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 325.1
- Calories from Fat 125
- Total Fat 13.9 g
- Saturated Fat 4.0 g
- Cholesterol 92.8 mg
- Sodium 1380.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 14.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.2 g
- Sugars 10.6 g
- Protein 34.1 g