I love this recipe and could eat it at least once a week! I think it tastes very close to the brown sauce that is served in Chinese restaurants. I have made it with and without the veggies with great success.
- Lightly brown chicken breasts in a small amount of oil.
- Remove from pan and add garlic, soy sauce, brown sugar and 1 cup chicken broth.
- Stir to mix and return chicken to pan and cover.
- Simmer for a few minutes until the chicken is done (15-20 minutes).
- Remove chicken again and add remaining broth, which has been mixed with cornstarch.
- Bring to a boil to thicken and return chicken to the pan, coating it well.