Prep 10 mins
Cook 7 hrs
Crock pot casserole with Chinese pea pods and beef round steak.
- 1 -1 1⁄2 lb round steak
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) canbeef consomme' soup
- 1⁄4 cup soy sauce
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 bunch green onion (about 8)
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 (8 ounce) cansliced water chestnuts, drained
- 1 (8 ounce) can bamboo shoots, drained
- 1 (8 -10 ounce) can bean sprouts, drained
- 7 ounces frozen Chinese pea pods, partially thawed
- Combine steak in crock pot with the consommé, soy sauce, ginger, and onion.
- Cover and cook on low for 5-7 hours. Turn control to high.
- Stir in cornstarch that has been dissolved in 2 tablespoons of cold water.
- Cook on high for 15 minutes or until thickened.
- During last five minutes of cooking, add water chestnuts, bamboo shoots, bean sprouts and pea pods.
- Serve over hot rice.
Very tasty. The steak is so tender it falls apart.
Made this last night, it turned out a bit greasy, and tasted in no way chinese.
This was a pretty tasty meal. It was easy to make and cooked up just like the recipe stated.