Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
Basically a pesto-like herb vinaigrette served with beef in Argentina. Fresh oregano is traditional, but other fresh herbs such as cilantro or mint can be added. This is not a recipe to make with dried herbs! A Michael Ruhlman recipe from "Ratio".
- 1⁄4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 6 ounces olive oil
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh oregano
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon minced red onion
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 jalapeno chile, stemmed seeded, and minced
- 2 teaspoons hot smoked paprika
- Mix the salt into the vinegar until the salt dissolves. Add the remaining ingredients and allow the flavors to blend for an hour.