Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
Great Argentinian sauce, simply drizzle over grilled or roasted meats, fish or chicken. Also good on tomatoes or sandwiches. Instead of red wine vinegar, alternates include oregano-chile-garlick vinegar or Mediterranean vinegar.
- 6 -8 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cups parsley, tightly packed (italian)
- 1⁄2 cup cilantro, tightly packed
- 3 teaspoons dried oregano
- 2 teaspoons dried thyme
- 2 teaspoons rosemary, fresh and chopped
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 teaspoon whole black peppercorn
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dry crushed red pepper
- 3⁄4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon water
- 3⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- In a food processor or blender, grind the garlic and the herbs.
- Grind the bay and the peppercorns in a spice grinder, add to the herb mixture with the crushed red pepper and vinegar.
- Add olive oil and gently mix to blend, DO NOT OVERPROCESS. Sauce should be slightly thickened.
- Let stand several hours or refrigerate and serve at room temperature.
- Drizzle over grilled or roasted meats, fish, or chicken.