Recipe by Deb's Recipes
This mild chili tastes great, has a nice thick texture, and practically cooks itself - What's not to love? The easy-to-prepare recipe came from the label of a ketchup bottle ;)
Top Review by Nana2525
This recipe was great as a base for me. I omitted the ketchup and added some garlic and it was fun and easy to make! My hubby works out a lot and he wanted something to fill him up and believe me, this did it! wonderful recipe!
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 14.79 ml vegetable oil
- 907.18 g lean ground beef
- 411.06 g can diced tomatoes or 473.18 ml chopped fresh tomatoes
- 425.24 g can tomato sauce
- 118.29 ml ketchup
- 29.58 ml chili powder
- 4.92 ml salt
- 1.23 ml pepper
- 2 (907.18 g) can red kidney beans, partially drained
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large skillet, saute onions and bell pepper in vegetable oil for 1-2 minutes; add ground beef and cook until browned; drain fat.
- Stir in tomatoes, tomato sauce, ketchup, chili powder, salt, and pepper; simmer, uncovered for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add beans and continue simmering for 15 minutes longer.