Recipe by Darla Mays
I never like the sushi til 2005, first time trying the sushi(except the raw as I won't eat the raw), I fell in LOVE with them, as they became my fave asian food now. I love to dip them in Soy syrup! I got the recipe from another site, but I switch the ingredients around a little bit for myself.
- 3 -4 sheets nori, seaweed
- 2 -3 ounces prepared sushi rice (I use splenda to replace sugar)
- 1 avocado, peeled & cut into fine pieces
- 1 cucumber, peeled, seeded & cut into fine strips
- 3 -4 ounces crabmeat, cut in pieces
- 2 -4 ounces cream cheese, cut into cubes
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut Nori sheet in half and place it on bamboo mat, shiny side down.
- Dampen your fingers in water.
- Spread a thin layer of sushi rice over the seaweed, do not cover completely.
- Leave a 1-inch margin at the ends uncovered to seal the roll.
- Lay crabmeat, avacado, cream cheese, & cucumber length wise.
- Sprinkle with sesame seeds.
- To roll; slowly fold the end of the mat closest to you over the filling and tuck it inches.
- Use a medium pressure to create a compact tube.
- Remove the mat from around the roll, press in the loose ends and place it on a cutting board, seam side down.
- Using a wed, sharp knife, slice the roll in half then into 6 equal pieces.
- Serve with Soy Syrup.