Recipe by Sarah_Jayne
These look really yummy. I am sure if you like things with more of a kick you could use a hotter chilli powder but I am a spice wimp so this is right on target for my taste buds. I found this in the Winter 2008 copy of the BBC Easy Cook magazine.
Top Review by French Tart
Fabulous! Loved the lamb used instead of the usual beef! I made these with multigrain tortilla wraps and served them with sour cream, chopped tomatoes and grated cheese - oh yes, and a big Spanish style salad! Made for Mexico and ZWT5 - merci S_J!! FT:-)
- 17 5⁄8 ounces ground lamb
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon mild chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 (14 ounce) can chopped tomatoes
- 7 ounces kidney beans, canned
- 8 flour tortillas
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook the ground lamb in a frying pan for 2 minutes.
- Add the onion and cook for 7 minutes until brown.
- Add the chilli powder and cum and cook for 1 minute.
- Tip in the tomatoes and kidney beans and bring to a boil.
- Reduce the heat, cover and cook for 30 minutes.
- Warm the tortillas in the microwave on High for 45 seconds.
- Spoon the lamb into the center of the tortilla and let everybody add their own extras (such as lettuce, cheese, sour cream, etc).
- Fold the edges over to enclose the filling.