- 1 1⁄2 cups sago (colored or plain)
- 2⁄3 cup evaporated milk
- 3 cups water
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 6 tablespoons coconut cream or 6 tablespoons thick coconut milk
- 1⁄4 cup mango nectar or 1⁄4 cup mango juice
- 1⁄2 cup chopped mango
Directions See How It's Made
- Bring water to a boil, add sago and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Stir in sugar, mango nectar, evaporated milk and coconut cream.
- Simmer for another 10 minutes, stirring once in a while to prevent sago and milk from burning.
- Simmer until liquid has almost evaporated.
- While still hot, stir in mangoes and scoop about 1/2 cup of the mixture into serving glasses/bowls and let cool.
- If you like you can puree the mixture slightly with a blender or stick-blender before scooping into individual bowls.
- Chill for several hours before serving, and serve with extra chopped mango if desired.