Prep 10 mins
Cook 2 hrs 15 mins
A summer favorite. Cook time includes chill time.
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 head cauliflower, chopped (approx. 2 cups)
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 3⁄4 cup potato, peeled & diced
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon dry sherry
- 1 cup heavy cream
- Melt butter over medium heat and sauté garlic (3 minutes).
- Add cauliflower and sauté (5 minutes).
- Stir in chicken stock and potatoes; heat to boiling.
- Reduce heat and simmer, covered, until potatoes and cauliflower are tender (10 minutes).
- Season with salt, cayenne, and basil.
- Pureé mixture in a food processor until smooth.
- Blend in lemon juice and sherry.
- Transfer to a bowl and whisk in cream.
- Refrigerate until chilled (at least 2 hours).