Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
Very refreshing and light. Great start to any meal! Melon, lime and mint- oooohhhhh so fresh and inviting! Posted for Zaar's World Tour 2005- the ingredients are popular in Australia, Asia, Mexico and the SW.
- 1 medium cantaloupe, peeled, seeded and cubed
- 2 cups orange juice
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- of fresh mint, chopped
- In blender or food processor blend together melon and juice until smooth.
- Place in large bowl and stir in lime juice and cinnamon.
- Cover and chill for at least 1 hour.
- Sprinkle with mint to garnish and serve.
Love it! At first taste, I thought I would compare it to a cantaloupe lotion from Bath and Body Works put into a drink. Added 2 oranges instead of orange juice.
Easy, light and refreshing. Perfect for summer! Thanks for sharing!
Quick and easy for sure! Even though I'm not a big fan of cinnamon, I added it anyway because I didn't want it to taste like simple blended fruit juice. Our guest liked it. I chilled it for 1 hour but I think it needs to be in the fridge longer time than that.. My husband added a few ice cubes in there and we tasted it just when it's colder but the ice was not all melted, the taste was much better in this temperature.