photo by wicked cook 46
- Ready In:
- 2 cups apple juice
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 4 kiwi, peeled and sliced
- 2 tablespoons sugar, splenda is good too
- 1⁄2 teaspoon orange rind, grated
- Combine first 3 ingredients in blender until smooth.
- Add sugar and orange peel and pulse to combine.
- Pour into shallow freezer safe container and freeze for 3 hours.
- Using mixer beat on medium speed for 2 minutes.
- Return to freezer for 3 more hours.
- Let stand 10 minutes before serving.
- Spoon into dessert bowls to serve, garnishing with fresh mint or slices of orange or kiwi.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
I added more sugar since my kiwis were very tart. I think they must of been on the small size since all I could taste was the apple juice so added 3 more. My guests loved it but I wasn't overly fond UNTIL the next day I decided to make it as a slushy drink. I filled a glass just over half full with the kiwi mix and then topped it with gingerale. YUMMY. Made for ZWT 5 for the Aus/NZ region for team Zaar Chow Hounds
This is a nice light dessert. I used my ice cream maker also. Refrigerated overnight, 20 minutes in the machine and it was done. My kiwi were a little more tart so I'd like to add some more sugar next time. Thanks for posting. I made this for ZWT III 2007 - Australia & New Zealand Region - Desserts Challenge
*WOW* excellent, easy to make. I put all the ingredients in the blender and then into the fridge for two hours, then into the ice cream maker for about 15-20 minutes. Not much sugar in this but just right for us! The orange zest compliments the kiwi very well. We had your recipe#150987 for dinner and kiwi ice for dessert what a great combination. I will be making this again and soon. Thanks Mama
see 2 more reviews
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
Proud Zaar original member! Very disappointed with the new site.