Recipe by pink cook
This is a good recipe from Alabama's First Lady Patsy Riley, just perfect for the Football Game Day. Enjoy.
- 907.18 g ground beef (I use lean ground beef)
- 1 onion, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 453.59 g can pinto beans, rinsed and drained (I use Bush's Chili Beans for more flavor)
- 2 (453.59 g) can tomato sauce
- 340.19 g bottle dark beer
- 118.29 ml canned beef broth (if needs more liquid)
- 170.09 g can green chilies, chopped
- 29.58 ml chili powder
- 14.79 ml Worcestershire sauce
- 4.92 ml ground cumin
- 4.92 ml paprika
- 4.92 ml hot sauce
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook ground beef with onion and garlic over medium heat, stirring until meat crumbles are brown.
- Combine meat mixture, beans and the other ingredients and bring to a boil. Simmer in low heat for about 1 hour or until all the flavors blend well, checking the liquid and if it needs more just add beef broth.
- NOTE: Or place in a slow cooker in low setting for about 2 hours and serve over spaghetti or rice with corn bread and a salad. This is a complete comfort food meal.