This is a dip using refried black beans. It has become a tradition for me to make this every New Year's Day. Alot of people think refried beans from pintos are the only way to go, but I suggest trying this! The combination of the beans and cheeses and spices give it a remarkable flavor. You will bring home an empty pie plate! This is a Pampered Chef recipe.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 453.59 g can refried black beans
- 14.79 ml taco seasoning or 14.79 ml Mexican seasoning, plus
- 4.92 ml taco seasoning or 4.92 ml Mexican seasoning, of your choice (I have used 1/2 TBS. chili powder and 1/2 TBS. plus 1 tsp. cumin. which makes it very mild for kids.)
- 1 lime
- 226.79 g package cream cheese, softened
- 113.39 g can chopped green chili peppers, undrained
- 1 clove garlic, pressed
- 118.29 ml red onion, finely chopped (optional)
- 92.13 g can pitted ripe olives, divided
- 141.74 g cheddar cheese, grated (1 1/4 cups)
- 14.79 ml fresh cilantro, snipped
- corn chips, of your choice
- 8 7-inch flour tortillas, if desired,see below (optional)
- 1Preheat oven to 400*.
- 2Mix refried beans with 1 teaspoons of seasoning.
- 3Spread over bottom of pie plate.
- 4Juice lime to measure 1 TBS.
- 5Mix cream cheese, lime juice, chilis, garlic and the rest of the seasoning until smoothe.
- 6Add chopped onions, half of the black olives, and one cup of the cheese to mixture.
- 7Mix well.
- 8Spoon cheese mixture over bean layer in pie plate.
- 9Sprinkle remaining olives, 1/4 cup cheese and snipped cilantro over top.
- 10Bake 10 minutes.
- 11If desired, arrange Baked Tortilla Chips around edge of dip.
- 12To prepare Baked Tortilla Chip:.
- 13Cut 8 (7 inch) flour tortillas in 8 triangles.
- 14Place on baking sheet and bake in 400* oven for 8-10 minutes or until crisp.
- 15Repeat with remaining tortillas.
Browse Our Top < 30 Mins Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All < 30 Mins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chili Verde Dip
Serving Size: 1 (95 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 16
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 122.8
- Calories from Fat 79
- Total Fat 8.8 g
- Saturated Fat 5.2 g
- Cholesterol 27.1 mg
- Sodium 232.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 6.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.9 g
- Sugars 0.5 g
- Protein 5.0 g