Prep 10 mins
Cook 35 mins
Nice, and simple side dish for a weeknight dinner, or for a small get together.
- 1 tablespoon onion soup mix
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 large baking potatoes
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the soup mix, chili powder, salt, pepper, and garlic powder.
- Cut each potato into 8 wedges, and place in the bag and shake to coat the potatoes.
- Arrange the wedges in a greased 15x10x1 baking pan, and drizzle lightly with oil.
- Bake uncovered at 425 degrees for 12-20 minutes on each side, or until crisp.
We loved these! They are nice and spicy...but next time I will omit the salt...I was expecting the little onion bits to stick to the potatoes...but that didn't happen...Very easy to prepare...thanks for posting the recipe...=)
This is so good, that I've actually made it twice....the second time I cooked them on a baking tray on the trusty WeberQ with the hood down - fabulous!
Made for PRMR.
I wouldn't have thought of using onion soup mix to flavor roasted potatoes, but I'll certainly think of it in the future! These are really nice. I used Yukon Golds and didn't add any extra salt--the soup mix was salty enough. Thanks for posting!