Recipe by Bec
Serve as a sauce with kebabs or use as a flavoring in stews or pasta sauces. This keeps for several months if closely covered and refrigerated. Place whatever you immediately don't use in hot sterilized screw-top jars or bottles and store for later use. Makes about 3 cups.
- 10 garlic cloves
- 6 large onions, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 7 ounces fresh red chilies, seeded and chopped
- 1 1⁄2 cups ketchup
Directions See How It's Made
- Peel the garli cloves, then finely chop.
- In a medium heavy-based saucepan, gently fry onions in oil until they are soft; add the garlic and cook for 2 minutes. Add chilies and simmer for about 5 minutes.
- Place the mixture in a food processor; add ketchup and puree. Return mixture to saucepan and simmer 15 minutes. Cool.