Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
Another main dish salad that may remind you of a taco salad but its not!
- 1 head lettuce, cut in 6 pieces
- 3 cups corn chips like Fritos corn chips
- 1 large tomatoes, chopped
- 4 ounces pepperoni, thinly sliced
- 1⁄4 cup black olives
- 1⁄2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 (15 ounce) can chili with beans (or use your own leftover)
- In salad bowl, combine all but the chili.
- Heat chili until bubbly.
- Pour over salad, tossing lightly to coat.
- Serve immediately.
What a great and fun way to use up leftover chili. I used the salad in a bag and had some beef chili left. I accessorized it with some cheddar cheese and a dollop of sour cream. I also left out the olives since DH and I don't care for them. We both loved it and it will be THE WAY of using up chili from now on! Thank you Laurie!!!
Such a quick salad to throw together. Great for a quick dinner when you don't really feel like cooking. Everyone that has tried it just loves it. I usually use a bag of shredded lettuce and crushed tortilla chips but I have tried it with the chili cheese fritos too. You just can't go wrong with this salad any way you make.
My kids would eat tacos EVERY night if they could so this was perfect! I used Hormel turkey pepperoni for less fat and Cattle Drive canned chili which is very good and available at Costco. It also took only half a head of lettuce otherwise there would have been too much lettuce in relation to the other ingredients (for our taste). The salad was very colorful as well! Thanks for a tasty meal!