Prep 2 hrs
Cook 6 mins
Sweet maple adds an unexpected kick to grilled swordfish, but is still light enough to serve with simple greens. (Published with permission from Coombs Family Farms)
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 minced garlic clove
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons 100% pure maple syrup
- 4 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2 lbs swordfish steaks
- Mix first 7 ingredients in a bowl. Add salt to taste.
- Put swordfish steaks in a shallow dish and cover with marinade.
- Cover dish with plastic wrap and refrigerate for up to two hours, turning once.
- Remove swordfish from marinade, discarding remaining marinade.
- Prepare grill.
- Grill swordfish above coals on an oiled racked for approximately three minutes on each side.