Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
From Taste of Home.
- 2 cups Bisquick
- 2⁄3 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon cajun seasoning, divided
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) canseach chili seasoned stewed tomatoes
- 1 (16 ounce) can kidney beans, rinsed & drained
- shredded cheddar cheese (optional) or sliced ripe olives (optional) or sliced green onions (optional) or sour cream (optional)
- In a bowl, combine the biscuit mix, milk and 1/2 teaspoon Cajun seasoning until soft dough forms.
- Knead 4-5 times on a floured surface.
- Divide dough into six portions.
- Roll out each portion into a six inch circle.
- Place six 10 ounce custard cups upside down on a large baking sheet; coat the outside of each with nonstick cooking spray.
- Shape dough circles over custard cups.
- Bake at 450°F for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove immediately from cups to a wire rack to cool (do not invert until cool).
- Meanwhile in a skillet cook beef, onion & green pepper over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain.
- Add tomatoes, beans and remaining Cajun seasoning.
- Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and let simmer for 30 minutes. Spoon into biscuit bowls.
- Serve with toppings of your choice.