From Taste of Home.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups Bisquick
- 2/3 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon cajun seasoning, divided
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans each chili seasoned stewed tomatoes
- 1 (16 ounce) can kidney beans, rinsed & drained
- 1In a bowl, combine the biscuit mix, milk and 1/2 teaspoon Cajun seasoning until soft dough forms.
- 2Knead 4-5 times on a floured surface.
- 3Divide dough into six portions.
- 4Roll out each portion into a six inch circle.
- 5Place six 10 ounce custard cups upside down on a large baking sheet; coat the outside of each with nonstick cooking spray.
- 6Shape dough circles over custard cups.
- 7Bake at 450°F for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown.
- 8Remove immediately from cups to a wire rack to cool (do not invert until cool).
- 9Meanwhile in a skillet cook beef, onion & green pepper over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain.
- 10Add tomatoes, beans and remaining Cajun seasoning.
- 11Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and let simmer for 30 minutes. Spoon into biscuit bowls.
- 12Serve with toppings of your choice.
Browse Our Top Low Cholesterol Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chili in Biscuit Bowls
Serving Size: 1 (423 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 463.2
- Calories from Fat 173
- Total Fat 19.2 g
- Saturated Fat 6.7 g
- Cholesterol 56.0 mg
- Sodium 1125.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 49.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.1 g
- Sugars 13.8 g
- Protein 23.7 g