1/4 Photos of Chili Glazed Shrimp Skewers
Like I need another addiction--now it's Mae Ploy Sweet Asian Chili sauce. From Sunset.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Mix chili sauce, lime juice, fish sauce, and cilantro; set aside.
- 2Divide shrimp into 4 equal portions. Lay each portion of shrimp in a neat row with tails pointed in the same direction. Thread 2 thin wood or metal skewers (8 to 10 inches long) about 1 1/2 inches apart through center of each row of shrimp, pushing the shellfish close together.
- 3Place shrimp on an oiled grill above a solid bed of hot coals or high heat on a gas barbecue (you can hold your hand at grill level only 2 to 3 seconds); close lid on gas grill.
- 4Cook, turning once, until shrimp are pink, 2 to 3 minutes a side.
- 5Brush tops of shrimp with the chili sauce mixture, turn over, and cook just until glaze bubbles and browns slightly, about 30 seconds (watch closely; glaze burns easily). Brush tops with more chili mixture, then turn glaze down and cook just until it darkens slightly, about 30 seconds more.
- 6Transfer shrimp to plates or a platter. Season to taste with remaining chili mixture and juice from lime wedges.
Browse Our Top Asian Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chili Glazed Shrimp Skewers
Serving Size: 1 (161 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 120.4
- Calories from Fat 11
- Total Fat 1.2 g
- Saturated Fat 0.1 g
- Cholesterol 143.2 mg
- Sodium 1461.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 8.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.0 g
- Sugars 3.9 g
- Protein 16.6 g