Prep 20 mins
Cook 5 mins
Like I need another addiction--now it's Mae Ploy Sweet Asian Chili sauce. From Sunset.
Make and share this Chili Glazed Shrimp Skewers recipe from Food.com.
- Mix chili sauce, lime juice, fish sauce, and cilantro; set aside.
- Divide shrimp into 4 equal portions. Lay each portion of shrimp in a neat row with tails pointed in the same direction. Thread 2 thin wood or metal skewers (8 to 10 inches long) about 1 1/2 inches apart through center of each row of shrimp, pushing the shellfish close together.
- Place shrimp on an oiled grill above a solid bed of hot coals or high heat on a gas barbecue (you can hold your hand at grill level only 2 to 3 seconds); close lid on gas grill.
- Cook, turning once, until shrimp are pink, 2 to 3 minutes a side.
- Brush tops of shrimp with the chili sauce mixture, turn over, and cook just until glaze bubbles and browns slightly, about 30 seconds (watch closely; glaze burns easily). Brush tops with more chili mixture, then turn glaze down and cook just until it darkens slightly, about 30 seconds more.
- Transfer shrimp to plates or a platter. Season to taste with remaining chili mixture and juice from lime wedges.
What an awesome recipe my friend. So excellent, another winner for gailann. These sweet shrimps were beautiful, perfectly cooked, tender, juicy and flavorful. The sauce is amazing...so good. I loved the bright bold robust flavors. Best of all it was quick and easy to make with ingredients found in most pantries. Made for Best of 2012 game.
Very good! Excellent use for sweet chili sauce. For us, the recipe only served two people as an entree.
SOOOO GOOD~!! Sauce is the winner here..Made these as written, and still drolling over the chili flavor. Made for Best of 2011 Cookbook tag.