Recipe by Cindy1
A great way to use up that last bit of chili! A very cheap and easy meal. For variations, add cheese, cream corn, onions, and/or jalapenos to the batter. Can be made in advance.
Top Review by Mona
Good idea.I added some leftover creamed corn and 1 tbsp to the jiffy mix,and put a layer of mexi-blend cheese on top of the chili before spreading the batter on top.Kids and hubby ate it all up.No leftover leftovers,lol.Good flavor,quick and a fridge cleaner.lol
- 1 package Jiffy cornbread mix
- 3 cups leftover chili
- Pam cooking spray
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to temperature according to cornbread mix.
- Mix Jiffy cornbread mix according to directions for 8x8 pan.
- Spray pan with Pam cooking spray.
- Spread chili in the bottom of the 8x8 pan, then spread the cornbread batter overtop.
- Bake as directed for cornbread.