1 hr 5 mins
Denise in da Kitchen's Note:
This is a very old recipe from my mother-in-law's recipe box. It's from the Betty Crocker Recipe Card Library and is an easy but tasty way to use up left over chicken or turkey.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 16 ounces uncooked medium noodles
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- 3 (10 1/2 ounce) cans condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 1 (4 ounce) can pimiento, chopped
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped pickled hot green chili peppers (remove stems and seeds)
- 3 -4 cups cut-up cooked chicken or 3 -4 cups cooked turkey
- salt and pepper
- 2 -3 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- 2Cook noodles as directed on package; drain.
- 3In large skillet, cook and stir onion in butter until tender; stir in soup, pimiento and chili pepper.
- 4In greased 4-quart casserole, layer half the noodles and half the chicken; season with salt and pepper.
- 5Top with half the soup mixture and half the cheese.
- 6Repeat layers.
- 7Bake uncoverd about 45 minutes.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chili Chicken Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (221 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 326.5
- Calories from Fat 169
- Total Fat 18.8 g
- Saturated Fat 8.4 g
- Cholesterol 74.4 mg
- Sodium 794.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 19.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.7 g
- Sugars 2.4 g
- Protein 19.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
pickled hot green chili peppers