Recipe by Denise in da Kitchen
This is a very old recipe from my mother-in-law's recipe box. It's from the Betty Crocker Recipe Card Library and is an easy but tasty way to use up left over chicken or turkey.
- 16 ounces uncooked medium noodles
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- 3 (10 1/2 ounce) cans condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 1 (4 ounce) can pimiento, chopped
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped pickled hot green chili peppers (remove stems and seeds)
- 3 -4 cups cut-up cooked chicken or 3 -4 cups cooked turkey
- salt and pepper
- 2 -3 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cook noodles as directed on package; drain.
- In large skillet, cook and stir onion in butter until tender; stir in soup, pimiento and chili pepper.
- In greased 4-quart casserole, layer half the noodles and half the chicken; season with salt and pepper.
- Top with half the soup mixture and half the cheese.
- Repeat layers.
- Bake uncoverd about 45 minutes.