From The Great Big Burger Book
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small yellow onion, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup finely diced tomatillo
- 1/4 cup seeded and finely diced fresh jalapeno pepper
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped fresh oregano
- 3 tablespoons chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon fresh coarse ground black pepper
- 1 1/4 cups canned crushed tomatoes
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, rinsed and well drained
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 lb ground chicken
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- 1Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat; add in the onion; stir/saute 1 minute or until just translucent.
- 2Add in tomatilla, jalapenos, oregano, 2 tablespoons chili powder, salt, pepper, 1 cup crushed tomatoes, and beans; cook over med-low heat for 5-7 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- 3Add in the cilantro; keep warm for topping.
- 4In a mixing bowl, combine the chicken, tomato paste, turmeric, broth, and remaining 1 tablespoon chili powder; mix well.
- 5Form mixture into 4 loosely shaped patties, each ¼ inch thick.
- 6Oil and preheat the grill (use a barbecue grate to support the patties) or a skillet over medium heat and cook the burgers to the desired degree of doneness; at least 4-5 minutes per side for medium.
- 7Serve on lightly toasted hamburger buns; top it off with the chili mixture and lettuce leaves.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chili Chicken Burgers
Serving Size: 1 (253 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 327.5
- Calories from Fat 78
- Total Fat 8.7 g
- Saturated Fat 1.7 g
- Cholesterol 79.4 mg
- Sodium 548.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 30.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 11.0 g
- Sugars 5.3 g
- Protein 33.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: